January 24, 2011

4 Months





4 months down, and we're just watching it all fly by. At our last doctor's visit, Patrick weighed 17 lbs. 8 oz. & measured 27 inches in length! With all this growth, he's moved into size 3 diapers and 9 month clothing. He definitely has a healthy appetite, now eating at least one meal a day of baby foods. So far, he seems to have liked squash and pears the best of the foods we've tried, but of course some meals go more smoothly than others. One night I thought I'd try him on some peaches and the look on his face was not a happy one! He did try 3 bites, but when I put the spoon to his mouth on the 4th attempt, he looked at me with a closed mouth & I knew it wasn't going to happen... hehe. I didn't try again, but Luke gave it a whirl a few days later & managed to get Patrick to eat most of a container... I used the excuse that he must have been more hungry the day Luke tried! ;-)

We had been feeding Pat in his bouncy seat, but that was starting to become more messy as he realized it might be fun to move while he ate. One trip to Wal-Mart later, and he's now using a high chair! It's really a clever design... a space saver model that straps into an adult dining chair. Of course, right now we just place it on top of the kitchen island since he's small enough. The chair also features a single hand tray removal, as well as reclining slightly to make it easier to feed infant/smaller kids... this is great since Patrick's not sitting up fully on his own yet. Of course, he tries to as often as possible, and just needs a bit of support.

Having a fun time with him these days... interacting more and more each day & I couldn't enjoy a "job" more! Every day I thank God for this blessing of being a Mom & having Patrick to care for. He and Luke get to spend a lot of time together on the weekends, even "letting" me go take care of the grocery shopping and errands so they have time with one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment