
Seems like we've survived the crying peak, and now we feel like we have a new baby on our hands! Patrick is a much happier baby the past week or so, and we are getting in more of a rhythm. His behavior is a bit more "predictable" now and we are enjoying ourselves much more. Of course, we still get less sleep than we really need, but are surviving. This Friday will be Patrick's two month birthday & next Monday we will be going to the doctor for a check up and the start of his immunization shots - do I feel a cry fest coming again? I hope not.
November 1st was the first time Patrick smiled, when it wasn't related to a gas episode... and the following week he smiled more and more! What a joy to see your baby smiling up at you! I can't say enough what a difference a few days makes... it amazes me how quickly things can change. Also surprising is how fast a baby can grow!! Patrick is getting bigger and cuter by the day, and I am constantly snapping photos... of course, since he's not sitting up yet, all the pics are of him sitting in his bouncy seat or lying down. Another great change is that Patrick will sit in his seat for more than 2 minutes now - which means that I can actually eat breakfast or lunch without a baby in my arms!!
Tomorrow is Veteran's Day, and we'll get to spend the day with Luke! More updates next week after our doctor's appointment...
Hang in there! It will get better. The first shot is the hardest. You can't help but feel guilty. It will be okay.
ReplyDelete